TRUPCR® MRSA Detection kit is a Real-time PCR test for the qualitative detection of Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus from various sources of clinical samples. The MRSA detection consists of amplification of two specific loci: – The nuc gene which is specific for Staphylococcus aureus – The resistance gene mecA There are three independent reactions running in parallel in each tube:
1. Detection of Staphylococcus aureus (FAM channel).
2. Detection of Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (HEX channel).
3. Internal control (TEX Red channel) which allows excluding unreliable results.
- The test allows highly sensitive qualitative detection of Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus
- Uses hot-start Taq-polymerase for enhanced specificity
- Validated on multiple Real-time PCR instruments
- Easy workflow with ready-to-use reagents
- Simple reaction setup and data interpretation, no special personnel training required