TRUPCR® Rif/INH MTB Drug Resistant Detection Kit is designed for accurate identification of Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex (MTBC) along with Rifampicin and Isoniazid resistance/susceptible status from various sources of clinical samples using Real-time nested PCR. This assay utilizes four different tubes where one tube specifically detects MTBC whereas another three tubes detects MDR. For detection of MDR, seven different probes are used each of which binds to a different target segment within the rpoB core region (81-bp), katG gene and promoter region of inhA gene. Each test is a multiplex reaction where targets are detected through FAM/Green, Hex/Yellow and/or Tex Red/orange channels.
- Takes advantage of the “hot start” technology to minimizing non-specific reactions and assuring maximum sensitivity & specificity.
- Takes advantage of the uracil DNA glycosylase (UDG) in Master mix to eliminating possible contamination of the PCR with amplification products.
- Dual target for Rapid and accurate detection of MTBC infection.
- Highly sensitive assay due to one step, nested PCR format.
- Validated on pulmonary & various extra pulmonary samples.
- Limit of detection (LOD) is at the level of 10 CFU/ml for MTBC detection & 120 CFU/ml for Rifampicin and Isoniazid resistance/susceptible status detection.
- Additionally, we provide an Excel file which will help further for the analysis of MDR samples.
- Assay is compatible with various Real-time PCR instruments.
Click here to access the kit insert/IFU and the Declaration of Conformity for this product.