The TRUPCR® Cytomegalovirus (CMV) QT kit is an in-vitro nucleic acid amplification assay for the detection and quantification of cytomegalovirus-specific DNA in human plasma samples using real-time PCR. Our CMV QT PCR Kit is based on the amplification of a highly conserved region of the CMV genome. In this kit, there are two independent reactions running in parallel in each tube:
1. CMV in FAM channel
2. Internal control (IC) DNA in Texas Red channel which allows excluding unreliable results.
The CMV PCR detection kit takes advantage of the “hot start” technology, minimising nonspecific reactions and assuring maximum sensitivity.
Key Features of the TRUPCR® CMV QT PCR Kit:
- Calibrated with 1st WHO International standard for CMV for Nucleic acid amplification techniques (NIBSC code 09/162).
- Higher sensitivity and specificity compared with other diagnostic methods such as serological assays and culture methods.
- No cross-reactivity with other pathogenic viruses, bacteria or fungi.
- Internal control included in the kit.
- Rapid, more reliable and extremely accurate tests.
- Easy workflow & compatible with various real-time PCR instruments.