The TRUPCR® CMV QT kit is an in-vitro nucleic acid amplification assay for the detection and quantification of cytomegalovirus (CMV) specific DNA in human plasma samples using real-time PCR. The kit is based on the amplification of a highly conserved region of the CMV genome. In this kit there are two independent reactions running in parallel in each tube:
1. CMV in FAM channel
2. Internal control (IC) DNA in Texas Red channel which allows excluding unreliable results.
The detection kit takes advantage of the “hot start” technology, minimising nonspecific reactions and assuring maximum sensitivity.
- Calibrated with 1st WHO International standard for CMV for Nucleic acid amplification techniques (NIBSC code 09/162).
- Higher sensitivity and specificity compared with other diagnostic methods such as serological assays and culture methods.
- No cross- reactivity with other pathogenic virus, bacteria or fungi.
- Internal control included in the kit.
- Rapid, more reliable and extremely accurate tests.
- Easy work flow & compatible with various real-time PCR instruments.