The TRUPCR® Dengue/Chikungunya real-time PCR kit is an in vitro nucleic acid amplification assay for the qualitative detection of Dengue/Chikungunya RNA in human serum or plasma (EDTA) from infected individual specimens . The kit is based on the amplification of a highly conserved region of the Dengue and Chikungunya genomes. In this kit, Dengue and Chikungunya presence is indicated by the FAM channel in both tubes followed by Internal Control (IC) amplification and detection using the TEXAS RED channel. It is a one step real time reverse transcription PCR assay in which RNA templates are first reverse transcribed to generate cDNA strands followed by DNA polymerase-mediated cDNA amplification. The kit offers advantages of the “hot-start” technology, minimising nonspecific reactions and assuring maximum sensitivity.
- One-step detection using RNA, hence rapid and extremely accurate tests.
- Detects all serotypes/genotypes for Dengue/Chikungunya.
- More reliable and highly reproducible assay.
- Higher sensitivity and specificity.
- No cross- reactivity with other pathogenic virus, bacteria or fungi.
- Internal control incorporated in the kit.
- Easy work flow & compatible with various Real-time PCR instruments.