TRUPCR® HCV Genotyping Kit is an in vitro Real-time PCR assay for the qualitative detection of Hepatitis C Viruses (HCV) and differentiation of genotypes 1, 1a, 2 (2a/2b), 3, 4, 5a and 6 RNA in human serum or plasma (EDTA) from HCV infected individual specimens. An internal control has been integrated into the kit in order to check PCR inhibition. HCV Genotype is a predictor of the outcome of anti-HCV therapy with interferon-based treatment regimens. Genotyping also helps to determine treatment. Hence, before starting combination therapy, it is recommended that the genotype of the infecting HCV isolate be determined so that the patient can receive the most appropriate therapy regimen.
- Highly sensitive qualitative detection of all HCV genotypes – sensitivity of HCV detection – 25 IU/ml.
- Its multi-tube and multiplex format allows accurate detection and differentiation of all major types i.e. HCV 1, 1a, 2 (2a/2b), 3, 4, 5a and 6
- The test is highly sensitive to detect genotypes in clinical samples with viral load – sensitivity of HCV genotyping – 500 IU/ml
- Takes advantage of the “hot start” technology to minimizing non-specific reactions and assuring maximum sensitivity & specificity.
- The test uses very specific target regions in the HCV genome for improved genotype/subtype identification
- Easy work flow & compatible with various Real-time PCR instruments.