Hepatitis C is a liver disease caused by the hepatitis C virus (HCV). HCV infection is generally asymptomatic during the acute phase in ~85% of individuals who become chronically infected. The primary objective of anti-HCV treatment is the Sustained Virologic Response (SVR), defined as undetectable HCV RNA by a sensitive test 12 or 24 weeks after the end of treatment. The TRUPCR® HCV Viral load assay is an in vitro reverse transcription-PCR (RT-PCR) assay for the quantitation of hepatitis C viral ribonucleic acid (HCV RNA) in human serum and plasma from HCV-infected individuals. The TRUPCR® HCV Viral load assay is intended for use as an aid in the management of HCV-infected patients undergoing antiviral therapy. The kit can detect the presence of HCV at a level of 20 IU/ml.
- Accurate quantification of genotypes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6.
- Early diagnosis within the serological window period.
- Higher sensitivity and specificity.
- Calibrated to WHO standards to assess the response to antiviral treatment in International Units (IU).
- Compatible with various real-time PCR instruments.
- Internal Control included in the kit.
- Standardised protocols including 5-point standard curve.
- Quick and cost-effective.