TRUPCR® HIV1/2 Detection Kit (RUO) is an in vitro nucleic acid amplification assay for the qualitative detection of Human Immunodeficiency type-1 (HIV-1) & type-2 viral RNA in human serum or plasma (EDTA) from HIV infected individual specimens using Real-time PCR. The kits includes an endogenous control which serves as an internal control. The TRUPCR® HIV1/2 Detection Kit is based on the amplification of a conserved region by primer and probes specific for the gag gene and pol gene. In this kit there are three independent reactions running in parallel in each tube:
1. Detects HIV-1 (in FAM/Green channel)
2. Detects HIV-2 (in TexRed/Orange channel)
3. Detects the internal control (Hex/Yellow channel) which allows excluding unreliable results
- Dual target (gag & pol gene) for rapid and accurate detection of HIV infection
- Uses hot start technology there minimizing non-specific reactions and assuring maximum sensitivity & specificity.
- Analytical sensitivity is determined by WHO standards (3rd HIV-1 International Standard, NIBSC code: 10/152, Version 4.0 & HIV-2 RNA
- International Standard, NIBSC code: 08/150).
- Limit of detection (LOD) is at the level of = 100 IU/ml for HIV-1 and 250 IU/ml for HIV-2
- Easy work flow & compatible with various Real-time PCR instruments
- Endogenous Internal Control included in the kit to avoid false negative results.