AIDS (acquired immunodeficiency syndrome) is caused by a virus called HIV (human immunodeficiency virus). The disease alters the immune system, making people much more vulnerable to infections and diseases. This susceptibility worsens if the syndrome progresses. HIV is found throughout all the tissues of the body but is transmitted through body fluids of an infected person (semen, vaginal fluids, blood, and breast milk). The TRUPCR® HIV Viral Load kit is an in vitro nucleic acid amplification assay for the QUANTITATIVE detection of Human Immunodeficiency type-1 (HIV-1) Viral RNA in human serum or plasma (EDTA) from HIV infected individual specimens using real-time PCR. The TRUPCR® HIV Viral Load Kit is a real time reverse transcription PCR assay in which RNA templates are first reverse-transcribed to generate cDNA strands followed by DNA polymerase-mediated cDNA amplification. During cDNA amplification in real-time PCR, the fluorescent signal is generated from the presence of an oligonucleotide probe specific for the target DNA sequence.
- Uses gag & pol gene as dual target for detection of HIV-1.
- Dual target allows highly sensitive & qualitative detection of HIV-1.
- The sensitivity of the test is 100 IU/ml.
- Easy workflow with ready-to-use reagents.
- Simple reaction setup and data interpretation, no special personnel training required.
- All inclusive test: includes cDNA reagents and real-time PCR reagents with Internal Control.
- This assays can be perfromed with routine molecular lab set-up and is compatible with Applied Biosystems 7300 / 7500 Real-Time PCR System, AriaMx Real-Time PCR System, CFX Connect™ / CFX96™ / Dx Real-Time PCR Detection System, QuantStudio™ 3 and 5 Real-Time PCR System, Rotor-Gene Q, StepOne™ / StepOnePlus™ Real-Time PCR System.