This Real-time PCR kit is for the qualitative detection of HPV 16 & 18 from clinical samples. The assay is based on amplification of a conserved region by primer and probes specific for HPV 16 & 18. There are three independent reactions running in parallel in two tubes:
1. HPV 16 (FAM channel)
2. Internal control (Texas Red)
3. HPV 18 (HEX channel)
HPV is a small, non-enveloped, double-stranded DNA virus that replicates in the nucleus of squamous epithelial cells and induces hyper-proliferative lesions. HPV infections are among the most common sexually transmitted infections. Most HPV infections have a benign clinical consequence and are cleared spontaneously. However, persistent HPV infection may result in progression to cervical cancer. Approximately 70% of invasive cervical cancer cases worldwide are caused by HPV 16 and HPV 18. Infection by HPV 16 or HPV 18 is associated with higher risk of disease progression compared to other HR HPV genotypes.
- High level of sensitivity and specificity
- Provided with internal controls to exclude unreliable results
- Easy workflow & compatible with the most common Real-time PCR instruments
- All the reagents required for the test are included in the kit.