The Kit is designed for the qualitative detection of DNA of High-Risk Human Papillomavirus (HPV) in clinical samples by using Real-time PCR. HPV infections are among the most common sexually transmitted infections. Most HPV infections have a benign clinical consequence and are cleared spontaneously. However, persistent HPV infection may result in progression to cervical cancer. Genital HPV genotypes are generally classified into high risk (HR) and low risk (LR) groups based on their carcinogenic potential. High-risk HPVs also called oncogenic HPVs, which have been confirmed to cause cancer, include HPV 16, 18, 31, 33, 35, 39, 45, 51, 52, 56, 58, 59, and 68. The Kit is based on oligonucleotide hydrolysis probes which allow a high specificity and sensitivity of the E6/E7 (oncogenes) region by primer and probes specific for 14 Genotypes:
- HPV 16, 18, 31, 33, 35, 39, 45, 51, 52, 56, 58, 59, 66 and 68.
- TaqMan probe based Real-time PCR assay allowing a high level of sensitivity and specificity
- Covers all 14 Genotypes (16, 18, 31, 33, 35, 39, 45, 51, 52, 56, 58, 59, 66 and 68) within 2 tubes
- Based on E6/E7 oncoproteins which mediate the development of cervical cancer
- Endogenous internal DNA control included which allows excluding unreliable results
- Extensively validated on clinical samples
- Rapid, reliable, robust and cost-effective
- Easy work flow & compatible with various Real-time PCR instruments.