This Real-time PCR kit is used for the detection of Plasmodium spp. DNA, including the five human pathogenic species Plasmodium falciparum, Plasmodium vivax, Plasmodium malariae, Plasmodium ovale and Plasmodium knowlesi. The TRUPCR® Malaria Detection Kit is based on amplification of a conserved region by primer and probes specific for the Plasmodium spp. The detection is achieved using fluorescent probes labeled with HEX. In this kit there are two independent reactions running in parallel in a single tube:
1. The first detects Plasmodium spp. in the HEX channel
2. The second detects the Internal Control (IC) in the Texas Red channel
- Uses uracil DNA glycosylase (UDG) eliminating possible amplicon contamination
- Uses hot start technology enhancing allowing a high level of specificity and sensitivity
- Detects all five human pathogenic species (P. falciparum, P. vivax, P. malariae, P. ovale & P. knowlesi)
- Extensively validated on clinical samples.
- Internal control included to avoid false-negative results
- Rapid, reliable, robust and cost-effective
- Easy work flow & compatible with various Real-time PCR instruments.