The TRUPCR® EGFR Real-time PCR Kit is an in vitro diagnostic test intended for the qualitative detection of EGFR somatic mutations in genomic DNA extracted from fresh, frozen or formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue. This real-time EGFR PCR kit is based on allele-specific amplification and is achieved by ARMS PCR. Taq DNA polymerase is extremely effective at distinguishing between a match and a mismatch at the 3’-end of a PCR primer. The kit is designed to selectively amplify mutant-specific sequences in samples that contain a mixture of wild-type and mutated DNA. The most common mutations are found in exons 19 and 21. The detection is achieved using fluorescent probes labelled with FAM and HEX. The TRUPCR® EGFR PCR Kit is composed of 9 assays for the detection of the EGFR mutations and a reference control gene of the EGFR region without any known polymorphisms/ mutations.
Key Features of the TRUPCR® EGFR Real-time PCR Kit:
- Selective amplification of DNA containing mutations with ARMS Technology.
- Sensitive to detect up to 1% mutation in EGFR gene.
- Detects 32 different mutations in a single run.
- Extraction control included to avoid false-negative results.
- Rapid, more reliable, comprehensive and cost-effective tests.
- Easy workflow & compatible with various Real-time PCR instruments.