The TRUPCR® KRAS PCR Kit (K-RAS Kit) is an in vitro diagnostic test intended for the qualitative detection of KRAS somatic mutations in genomic DNA extracted from fresh, frozen or formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue. The TRUPCR® KRAS PCR Kit is based on allele-specific amplification and is achieved by ARMS PCR. Taq DNA polymerase is extremely effective at distinguishing between a match and a mismatch at the 3’-end of a PCR primer.
The TRUPCR® KRAS Real-time PCR Kit is designed to selectively amplify mutant-specific sequences in samples that contain a mixture of wild-type and mutated DNA. The most common mutations are found in codons 12, 13 and 61. The detection is achieved using fluorescent probes labelled with FAM and HEX. The TRUPCR® KRAS PCR Kit is composed of 11 assays for the detection of the KRAS mutations and a reference control gene of KRAS region without any known polymorphism / mutation.
Key Features of the TRUPCR® KRAS Real-time PCR Kit:
- Selective amplification of DNA containing mutation with ARMS Technology.
- Sensitive to detect up to 1% mutation in KRAS gene.
- Detects 22 different mutations in a single run.
- Extraction control included to avoid false-negative results.
- Rapid, more reliable, comprehensive and cost effective tests.
- Easy work flow & compatible with various Real Time PCR instruments.